KEMMERER – The Sublette County combined boys’ swim team finished 2021 taking second place at the Kemmerer Quad on Dec. 30 with 61 points, beating out the host school and Lyman.
Sublette County relay teams put in a strong showing at the meet. Senior J.T. Day, junior Owen Nielson, junior Hunter Scott and sophomore Andy DeClue won the 4x50-meter freestyle relay, beating the runner-up by nearly 4 seconds with a time of 1 minute, 56.39 seconds.
Sophomore Ryen Hacklin, Scott, Niel- son and Day scooped up second place in the 4x50-meter medley relay, clocking in at 2:13.59.
Hacklin, junior Sage Mahaffey, freshman Calleb Willson and DeClue came in third place in the 4x100-meter relay, timing in at 4:53.98.
In individual events, DeClue picked up gold in the 400-meter freestyle with a time of 5:10.66.
Scott won the 200 individual medley, finishing the race in 2:30.91. He took second place in the 100 backstroke, qualifying for State in the event at 1:08.73.
In the 100 butterfly, Nielson came in sec- ond place with a time of 1:28.56.
Day took bronze in the 100 backstroke, clocking in at 1:22.28. DeClue came in third place in the 50 freestyle at 29.25 seconds.
“Despite the challenges of a swim meet over Christmas break, every swim- mer showed their best efforts and are on course with further improvements for future meets,” said Coach Kursty Day.
“With Kemmerer happening over winter break, it was great to have a majority of our team in attendance,” said Coach Ambr Seeman. “We look forward to getting back into regular practice attendance that will allow individual and team goals to be within reach.”
• 4x50-meter medley relay: Brycen Vrska, Willson, Reuben Allen and Mahaffey in fifth place at 3:13.69.
• 200 freestyle: Hacklin in fourth place at 2:39.52.
• 50 freestyle: Day in fourth place at 29.40 seconds, Nielson in fifth at 29.52 seconds, Mahaffey in sixth at 30.97 seconds and John Ruby in seventh at 31.00 seconds.
• 100 freestyle: Hacklin in fourth place at 1:08.69 and Woolstenhulme in ninth at 1:23.54.
• 400 freestyle: Allen in ninth place at 8:26.42.
• 100 backstroke: Vrska in ninth place at 1:48.95.
• 100 breaststroke: Willson in sixth place at 1:35.20, Mahaffey in ninth at 1:42.27 and Ruby in 10th at 1:44.61.