PINEDALE – Sublette County’s young girls’ swim team proved its mettle at the Sublette County Triangular hosted by the Pinedale Aquatic Center on Thursday, Sept. 23.
Sublette County came in second place at 312 points, only five points behind rival Kemmerer with 317 points. Evanston took third with 259 points.
Senior Sierra Hattan scooped up two wins at the meet. She placed first in the 200-meter individual medley, timing in at 2 minutes, 52.78 seconds. In the 100-meter butterfly, Hattan won with a time of 1:16.01.
Senior Jacie Friel picked up her first win for the season in the 100-meter backstroke. She finished the race at 1:28.48.
“Home meets are always fun,” said coach Kursty Day. “We saw some great effort and grit. Most of our swimmers finished in the top five in their individual events and relays. We will be in Pinedale again next week and look forward to working hard all week in practice.”
“The girls stepped up and showed great fortitude, swimming many personal bests,” said coach Ambr Seemann. “We are becoming more competitive as the season progresses.”
- 200-meter medley relay: Rachael Essington, Maggie Walker, Lilly Joseph and KaLee Bohnet in third place at 2:50.00.
- 200-meter freestyle: Morgan Grossman in second place at 2:37.65, Addysen Levitt in sixth at 3:03.64, Friel in eighth at 3:14.82 and Bohnet in ninth at 3:40.59.
- 50-meter freestyle: Mia Buchanan in second place at 31.92 seconds, Alexis Thompson in fifth at 34.72, Jolynn Jones in ninth at 40.22, Ayame Conway in 12th at 42.91 and Adriaunna Myers in 13th at 7:10.52.
- 1-meter diving: Rhonda Auradou in second place with 142.70 points, Joseph in third at 137.35, Essington in fourth at 117.55 and Walker in fifth at 96.60.
- 100-meter butterfly: Rayne Wheeler in third place at 1:33.53.
- 100-meter freestyle: Buchanan in third place at 1:12.36, Grossman in fifth at 1:13.98, Jones in 10th at 1:36.43 and Conway in 11th at 1:48.14.
- 400-meter freestyle: Thompson in second place at 6:17.99.
- 200-meter freestyle relay: Hattan, Wheeler, Grossman and Buchanan in second place at 2:11.35.
- 100-meter backstroke: Levitt in fourth place at 1:34.60, Walker in seventh at 1:39.64 and Bohnet in eighth at 1:42.06.
- 100-meter breaststroke: Wheeler in second place at 1:37.51 and Ceili Fallon in third at 1:38.51.
- 400-meter freestyle relay: Wheeler, Hattan, Buchanan and Grossman in second place at 5:12.93.