Sheriff's Report Aug. 29 to Sept. 1

Aug. 29

At 5:05 a.m., a confused person reported someone missing; the call was unfounded.

At 7:25 a.m., a person was unconscious.

At 8:21 a.m., a man’s dog was shot; the incident is under investigation.

At 8:25 a.m., a caller saw two men walking around a vehicle and thought they might need help.

At 8:41 a.m., a woman found a suspicious pig carcass; this is also under investigation.

At 10:02 a.m., people were upset about a court hearing but not fighting.

At 10:29 a.m., a drug detective requested a search warrant.

At 12:14 p.m., a boy looked like he might fall off a basketball hoop.

At 12:53 p.m., a brush fire beside the road was transferred to Sweetwater County.

At 1:36 p.m., a deputy responded to a family dispute.

At 1:39 p.m., a stray blue heeler was wandering around a ranch on South Horse Creek.

At 2:19 p.m., two kids at home accidentally called 911.

At 5:15 p.m., the sheriff attended Pinedale’s bike-walk workshop.

At 5:50 p.m., a juvenile problem was reported.

At 7:52 p.m., a suspicious man on a 4-wheeler told a woman trying to get home to New Mexico to go back to the highway; she’d parked on private property so a deputy took her to a pullout.

At 8:31 p.m., someone crashed into a closed ranch gate.

At 8:39 p.m., a concerned caller reported a family dispute.

At 11:26 p.m., a state agent reported a juvenile problem.

Aug. 30

At 8:18 a.m., a detective looked into a probation-parole issue.

At 8:27 a.m., a woman smelled a gas leak.

At 9:07 a.m., a fraud caller harassed a minor employee about money inn the store.

At 11:13 a.m., people released from jail hadn’t picked up their dogs yet.

At 1:01 p.m., a middle school employee reported a tobacco problem.

At 2:23 p.m., a person was having a heart attack.

At 2:29 p.m., Tip Top Search and Rescue choppered into the backcountry to bring a patient to the clinic.

At 2:48 p.m., a woman wanted to know why the person who shot her son’s dog the day before hadn’t been arrested or cited.

At 2:48 p.m., a good-looking hound dog was eating roadkill.

At 3:07 p.m., a school resource officer investigated a fight.

At 3:47 p.m., a suspicious man was going through cars and when confronted showed a bad attitude. The man was an independent civil process server.

At 6:27 p.m., a U-Haul truck was hauling a car trailer with a broken rim that was throwing sparks. When the caller tried to get the driver’s attention, the drive made a rude gesture.

At 7:39 p.m., a driver was flicking cigarette butts out the window.

At 11:36 p.m., a man walking down Highway 191 had lost his wallet while walking and taking a break from driving.

Aug. 31

At 7:20 a.m., a town employee tried to move three cow-calf pairs off the highway.10:13

At 10:23 a.m., a grocery store employee reported check fraud.

At 11:39 a.m., a woman was injured when an ATV rolled over on a gravel road.

At 1:06 p.m., a deputy was asked to check on someone’s welfare.

At 2:22 p.m., a woman asked how to get her deceased father’s firearms from the SCSO.

At 6:57 p.m., a car pulled in front on another driver, then backed into her.

At 7:22 p.m., a domestic dispute was reported.

At 9:18 p.m., a caller reported a family fight.

At 9:57 p.m., a man who owns property in Jackson said he was told there’s a warrant for he arrest.

Sept. 1

At 7:57 a.m., a person was down.

At 8:46 a.m., Department of Family Services said an adult was walking with a little girl with no shoes. They had locked their keys in the car and were going for help.

At 9:17 a.m., a drug detective checked a prescription drop box.

At 9:25 a.m., a man with a warrant turned himself in.

At 10:54 a.m., a family member was worried about relatives returning late from camping at New Fork Lakes. They didn’t have cell service.

At 2:13 p.m., a hunter’s campfire was out of control and he was leaving the area. The call was transferred to Lincoln County.

At 4:20 p.m., a person had traumatic injuries.

At 6:20 p.m., a semi with a flat tire was blocking a westbound lane.

At 7:41 p.m., a calf was by the highway near Hoback Canyon.

At 8:15 p.m., a couple walked by a campground tent and a man with a gun said they were on private land and needed to leave. It turned out they had parked in his campsite.

At 8:22 p.m., a person had overdosed.