Another winning weekend for Sublette County swim
WYOMING – The Sublette County combined boys’ swim team came out on top in two back-to-back meets on Jan. 15-16. On Friday, Jan. 15, the boys defeated Kemmerer in a duel, 116-61.
The team celebrated Senior Night at Big Piney, recognizing Conner King of Big Piney and manager Adrianna Ruby (Big Piney) and Logan Bing, John Covill, Declan McAffee and Juan Reyes of Pinedale.
The team traveled to compete in the Kemmerer Invitational on Saturday, Jan. 18, and scored 92 points, beating out Lyman with 73 points and the host school at 66.
Big Piney sophomore Hampton Jones won first place in the 1-meter diving event on Friday, scoring 130.40 points. J.T. Day, a junior at Big Piney, took first place in diving at Kemmerer on Saturday, tallying 217.35 points.
Day helped teammates Andy DeClue, Covill and Jackson Fouras sweep the 200-meter freestyle relay in Big Piney for a first-place win clocked in at 1 minute, 54.24 seconds.
Sublette County also won the 400-meter freestyle relay in Big Piney. Dillon Boespflug, Covill, DeClue and Hunter Scott timed in at 4:26.52.
Boespflug won the 200-meter individual medley (2:41.73) and the 400-meter freestyle (5:18.37) on Senior Night. Pinedale freshman Andy DeClue won the 200-meter freestyle at Big Piney, finishing in 2:25.60.
Day qualified in his fifth event at Kemmerer, the 500-freestyle. John Covill joined the group headed to State when he punched his ticket this weekend in the 50-freestyle.
Additional Big Piney individual results – Senior Night
- 200-meter freestyle: Brayden Hymas in fourth at 2:43.43.
- 200-meter individual medley: King in third at 3:09.43.
- 50-meter freestyle: Ryen Hacklin in fourth at 31.00 seconds, Sage Mahaffey in seventh at 32.04, Owen Nielson in eighth at 32.85 and John Ruby in ninth at 36.28.
- 1-meter diving: Day in second with 124.95 points.
- 100-meter freestyle: Day in second at 1:05.39, Mahaffey in sixth at 1:16.59 and Ruby in seventh at 1:23.05.
- 400-meter freestyle: Nielson in third at 5:34.52, Hymas in fourth at 5:41.94 and Jones in sixth at 6:48.41.
- 100-meter backstroke: King in third at 1:20.08.
- 100-meter breaststroke: Hacklin in third at 1:26.45.
Additional Big Piney individual results – Kemmerer Invite
- 200-meter freestyle: King in sixth at 2:46.98 and Nielson in seventh at 2:49.09.
- 200-meter individual medley: Hacklin in fifth at 2:59.33.
- 50-meter freestyle: Hymas in sixth at 30.16 seconds and Mahaffey in eighth at 32.65.
- 1-meter diving: Jones in second witth 200.25 points.
- 100-meter freestyle: Hymas in ninth at 1:12.13 and King in 10th at 1:12.24.
- 400-meter freestyle: Day in second at 5:28.95, Nielson in third at 5:40.38 and Hacklin in fifth at 5:56.26.
- 100-meter backstroke: Mahaffey in fourth at 1:31.00 and Ruby in fifth at 1:45.35.
- 100-meter breaststroke: Jones in sixth at 1:38.52.