SUBLETTE COUNTY – Active cases of COVID-19 in Sublette County continued to drop in the last week with five active cases as of May 7, Sublette County Public Health announced in its weekly update.
That brings a total of 782 cases since the pandemic’s onset with seven of those resulting in death.
Dr. Brendan Fitzsimmons said during the weekly COVID-19 update on May 6 that the county’s transmission has slowed since the outbreak around Spring Break and Easter. He said the county’s positivity rate has even improved.
Fitzsimmons said he anticipates the remaining health orders to go away as more people get vaccinated. He spoke about the consistency rate of the vaccine and how the majority of those getting vaccinated experience minor symptoms.
He did say that Public Health will begin backing away from the drive-up vaccination sites.
“There’s still a couple more masked vaccinations that we’ll be doing,” Fitzsimmons said, “but we have started to reach a saturation point on the demand so we’ll be backing off from those.”
Public Health nurse Robin Carnes said Public Health will wind down drive-through clinics at the end of May.
Fitzsimmons said he anticipates all summer activities going forward as planned. He reminded those who feel sick to stay home and get tested. If people experience extreme symptoms and have trouble breathing, they should seek medical attention.
Public Health has administered 2,163 first doses of the Moderna vaccine and 1,949 second doses. The short pause on the Johnson and Johnson vaccine has ended and Public Health is up to 210 doses of that administered.
Carnes reminded people can still register for a vaccination by going to www.sublettewycovid.com/vaccines.